Welcome to Raider Runners!
Goal of Raider Runners 2020: We will look a little different this year but our goal remains the same: to develop competence, confidence, connection, character, caring and contribution in young boys and girls through lessons that incorporate running and other physical activities. .
The CDC offered the following considerations for players, coaches and families to stay safe. Here is what Raider Runners will do to promote behaviors that reduce the spread and maintain a healthy environment
Runners must stay home if you do not feel well. If a runner has a temperature or is not feeling well OR ANY MEMBER of the household is not feeling well then the runner cannot participate.
- Masks – Coaches and athletes will wear a mask as much as possible. They must wear a mask to and from practice and until they get to their running pod.
- Coaches will have hand sanitizers and use them on the runners when they arrive. Athletes will not spit, and cough or sneeze into their arms away from others.
- Athletes will bring their own yoga mat and water bottle to every practice. NO OTHER EQUIPMENT ALLOWED.
- Only runners will be allowed in the parking lot during Raider Runners, no parents, no siblings.
- We will Identify Small Groups and Keeping them Together (Cohorting). We will place the runners in a running pod of 10. Their pod will be based on a fitness test and they will only be with runners from their grade.
- Yoga mat will also serve as a social distancing marker.
- Staggered Scheduling
- Once teams are in place, we will stagger arrival and drop-off times and locations by pod. We will also stagger the practice, some will start with conditioning, some will start with a run, some will start with the game. Each pod will do their own warm-up and cool down.
- We will have a girls team and a boys team. If the size of a team is larger than 30 we will have an older team and a younger team as well.
- Runners with any health issues should speak with a doctor first and please contact Alexandra Molloy with all important information.
- We will not compete against other schools or leave our local community.
Season from September – November (ideally 10 weeks ) Cost: $30
Practice will start at 3:30 and take place Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There will be a minimum 2 practices a week with the option of a third “long run” practice for each runner. Hopefully this season, we will have the following events:
- Track meet
- 5k run
- Yoga Class outside
- Karate class outside
- Fun night run
- Obstacle course
- Inspirational Speakers
We can’t wait to work with all the runners and continue to watch them develop and grow into strong young men and woman.
Come Join Us!
Raider RunnersBoys and Girls
- Season starts soon.
- Boys/Girls in 3rd-8th grade
- Meets Mondays thru Thursdays at 3:30
- Runners divided into pods 10 or less
- Coaches: Alexandra Molloy & Kevin Montgomery